RPSC RAS Syllabus 2020: The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) sets the syllabus for the prestigious Rajasthan Administrative Service Exam (RAS) civil service exam. Like any other PSC Exam RPSC Exam will be conducted in three stages:
- Prelims: Objective
- Mains: Descriptive/Analytical
- Interview: Verbal
The candidates will have to qualify each of stages in order to be appointed as a RAS servant. The RPSC Prelims Exam is qualifying in nature. It is used for the purpose of screening candidates to appear in the RPSC Mains Exam.
RPSC Syllabus For RAS Exam: RPSC RAS Prelims Exam Pattern
The RPSC Prelims Exam will consist of one paper on the subject specified below, which will be of objective type and carry a maximum of 200 marks. The Standard of the paper will be that of a Bachelor’s Degree Level.
|1||General Knowledge and General Science||200||3 hours|
Marking Scheme of RPSC RAS Exam
- All the questions will be objective in nature.
- The total marks in the RPSC RAS Prelims Exam will be 200.
- The duration of the test will be 3 hours.
- There will be a total of 150 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s)
- There will be a negative marking of 1/3 for every wrong answer.
- No marks will be awarded or deducted for an unattempted question.
RPSC RAS Syllabus For Prelims Exam
For the RPSC Prelims Exam, the MCQ’s will be asked from various topics. RPSC RAS Exam will have only one paper objective in nature. We have listed the RPSC Syllabus for Prelims Exam.
- History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan
- Indian History: Ancient, Medieval, Modern
- Geography of World and India
- Geography of Rajasthan
- Indian Constitution, Political System & Governance
- Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan
- Economic Concepts and Indian Economy: Basic Concepts of Economics, Economic Development & Planning, Human Resource and Economic Development, Social Justice and Empowerment
- Economy of Rajasthan
- Science & Technology
- Reasoning & Mental Ability: Logical Reasoning (Deductive, Inductive, Abductive), Analytical Reasoning, Mental Ability, Basic Numeracy.
- Current Affairs
RPSC Syllabus For RAS Exam 2020
The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be 15 times the total approximate number of vacancies (category wise) to be filled in the year in the various Services and posts.
There are no optional papers in the syllabus for RAS Mains. The RPSC RAS Mains Exam will have four papers of 3 hours each. The written examination will consist of the following four papers which will be descriptive /analytical. The standard of General Hindi and General English will be that of Sr. Secondary Level.
RPSC Syllabus For RAS Exam: RPSC RAS Mains Exam Pattern
RAS Mains Exam holds great importance to the candidates appearing for the RPSC RAS Exam. Marks in the RAS Mains along with the Interview marks are counted for the final merit list.
|I||General Studies-I||3 Hours||200|
|II||General Studies-II||3 Hours||200|
|III||General Studies-III||3 Hours||200|
|IV||General Hindi and General English||3 Hours||200|
RPSC Syllabus For RAS Exam: RAS Mains Exam
Paper I: General Studies Paper I
- Unit 1 History: – History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition and Heritage of Rajasthan, Indian History & Culture, History of Modern World (up to 1950AD)
- Unit 2 Economics: Indian Economy, World Economy, Economy of Rajasthan
- Unit 3 Sociology, Management, Accounting & Auditing
Paper II: General Studies Paper II
- Unit 1: Administrative Ethics:
- Unit 2: General Science & Technology
- Unit 3: Earth Science (Geography and Geology): World, India, Rajasthan
Paper III: General Studies Paper III
- Unit 1 Indian Political System, World Politics and Current Affairs
- Unit 2 Concepts, Issues and Dynamics of Public Administration and Management
- Unit 3 Sports and Yoga, Behaviour and Law
Paper IV: General Hindi and General English
- Samanya Hindi (100 marks): Comprehension, Translation and Precis Writing
- General English (80 marks): Grammar & Usage, Comprehension, Translation & Precis Writing, Composition & Letter Writing
This will be last and final round of the RPSC RAS Exam. The verbal ability of the candidates will be tested through this exam.